Thank you for purchasing our dashcam, here are some common questions you might find while using, please kindly find the answer below:
However, before using, there are 2 important things you need to be aware:
1. Please format the TF card first before using, and manually format the card once per 2-3 months
2. When you find the dashcam date and time back to the default settings, it means the battery is damaged, and is needed to be replaced.
1. Q: The included memory card doesn’t have enough memory, can I buy a new one?
A: Before buying a new card, please check why the memory card doesn't have enough memory? Is it full with so many files and it can't be overwritten? The main purpose of the dashboard camera is to record the few moments before and after an accident and not the whole trip. The 8GB card is enough to store 40 minutes of FHD quality video, which is sufficient for this purpose. When using a new card, we recommend that you test it out by recording 2 minutes of video and playing it back to check for video quality before using it in the device. There are many fake memory card manufactures out there and the quality of the card will affect the quality of the video.
2. Q: The dashboard camera does not work or crashes during use.
A: (1) The device may need to be reset. To do this us a small object, such as a paperclip, to press the Reset button to reset the device.
(2) The device will not operate over a certain temperature in order to protect the internals. Avoid extreme temperatures and overexposure when parked in the sun for long periods of time.
(3) If the above methods do not solve this problem, try formatting the memory card. Format the memory card using the device through the settings menu. Note: Formatting the memory card will delete all files on the memory card. Please backup any important information onto another device before formatting the memory card.
3. Q: Lights flicker on the video
A: Fluorescent light does not have the same characteristics as natural light, this has to do with the frequency at which electricity is delivered. Different countries use different standards, either 50Hz or 60Hz. Adjust the device’s frequency to match that of the country you’re in to solve this problem.
4. Q: Blurry Video
A: Use a clean cloth to wipe the lens clean, avoid touching the lens with your hands and make sure that the protective film that came with the new device is removed.
5. Q: Images are too bright during the day
A: When recording directly into the sun, it is possible that the image may be overexposed. Adjust the EV value in the settings menu to adjust for this. The factory EV value is set at 0, the EV value can be adjust from -2 to +2.
6. Q: Images are too dark at night
A: If you feel the images are too dark at night, you can adjust the EV values to correct for this. However, if you adjust the EV values for night, you may have to adjust them back during the day as the night EV setting might be too bright for the day. The factory EV value is set at 0, the EV value can be adjust from -2 to +2.
7. Q: The device shows a full memory card or automatically shuts down even though nothing has been recorded.
A: The memory card may need to be formatted. Please refer to the operating instructions on how to format the memory card. You should be able to record normally after the memory card has been formatted. Note: Formatting the memory card will delete all files on the memory card. Please backup any important information onto another device before formatting the memory card.
Looking Technology Co., Ltd.
E-Mail / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel / +886-4-2315-1577
Copyright©2017 All rights reserved.